Welcome! Thank you for your interest in adopting a rescue pet. Please complete the application below which serves to help you and our organization in selecting the pet that is most suitable for you, your family, your lifestyle, and of course the pet. We are seeking FOREVER homes so please consider all aspects of pet adoption before taking on this responsibility. Cat Canton Rescue Inc. reserves the right to refuse adoption to any applicant. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
We strongly suggest that adopters consider adopting a pair of kittens. The benefits are a longer life span, healthier, happier and better socialized kittens. A kitten left alone can become lonely and bored. But having a pair keep each other occupied and entertain each other while you are at work, away or going about your daily activities. Most cats, regardless of age, are highly social and are happier living with other cat companions.
To be eligible for this wonderful privilege, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older and have a current ID showing your present address
- Be prepared to provide the following:
- Your veterinarian’s name and number for pet history verification
- Proof of residence ownership (i.e. current utility bill), if applicable, or
- Landlord’s name and phone number for verification that pets are allowed.
- Understand that a volunteer MUST approve your application
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care for your new pet along with existing pets.
*Cat Canton Rescue Inc. reserves the right to refuse adoption to any applicant.